Friday 6 December 2019

The Right Clothes

 It wasn't raining when I set off but I'm sure I'd been out less than five minutes when the heavens opened. Still as always these days we were dressed for the occasion from tip to toe. Waterproof socks have been a god send to me. I was telling someone about them a few days ago and they remarked at how expensive they were for socks .. but bloody hell they work and are far cheaper than new boots! Ok I could wear wellies, I do sometimes, but the bloody things are cold in Winter .. in boot with thin socks and waterproof socks over them my feet are warm and dry. The only problem is you can't wash them, if you do the will die, take it from someone who's tried it, but a rinse in cold water, drip dry and they do just fine! It was funny I was also telling someone about my oil skin trousers, they are 100% waterproof and again they give extra warmth. She said Oh no she could never wear those, what would people think? Well Ok they are not a fashion statement I agree, but who cares? She was the one saying she was peeling off her wet jeans after a walk not me! 
 Apologise to Jezi for making her look stupid in this photo. I took a photo and put the camera away without checking it .. well hell it was raining and the camera is not as waterproof as the socks!
The mist came down for the last walk. These guys don't give a damn what mother nature throws at them they just love to be out. Kaiah even took the greatest of pleasure from rolling in the wet grass .. as if she wasn't wet enough already!