Tuesday 24 December 2019

Back At Twll Braich

Getting over from the fields that we are not sure we should be in back onto the track at the side of Twll Braich we all need to climb over a large lump of slate. It's a big square lump, the likes of you could never move. I gave it no thought yesterday with the Young Guns as they flew over it, but today Jezi really struggled. You know sometimes I think she think too much about these things and that is why she struggles. Basically with Nico well gone I had to almost throw her over.
As I walked towards it again with
the bitches I decided to call them back and wait so I could be on hand to help Asha should she need it. Need it? Need it? My arse, she was over and gone before I considered it further! So why is Jezi, over three years younger struggling? Is it mind over matter or does she have some early aches and pains? It is a possibility that she is not as fit as the others at the same age isn't it. I'll monitor her carefully and put her on Glucosamine and chondroitin should I be suspicious that old age is creeping up on her sooner than maybe it should! It would be unfair and unkind not to start helping her now if she needs it and of course we would all benefit in the end. I'll have to keep a close eye for anything else that may indicate some discomfort.
The photos taken today are taken on the other side of the stunning Twll Braich and you can see Cilgwn mountain in the top two photos. I went further round on the last walk, if you look carefully in the third photo you can see the gable end of out cottage and realise how close we are to the old quarry hole that sits in front of Plas Braich.