Friday 20 December 2019

Goldcrest

Now I love my cats but I do hate what they do. Perry is a darling but unfortunately a good hunter. This morning he came in announcing that he had something .. as he does. After a chase around the living room I got it off him. I screamed at Steve this little shit has caught a tiny little Wren. We put it in a box in a quite space to die in peace. When I checked on him he was still alive and I thought -- "That's not a Wren." Google helped, "With the Firecrest, the Goldcrest is the UK's smallest bird." Well I'd never heard of them let alone seen one. I'm pleased to say that two hours later after allowing me a couple of photos the little chap flew away ... Please don't come back! 
 I presumed he would die - but what is he/she?
 Looking better
 I'm off to freedom 
Ok One more pic then bye and don't come back