Thursday 5 December 2019

Kaiah's Diary - The Second Chapter

After Kaiah had some physical changes on days 44- 45 I decided to keep notes of my thoughts and observations. This post maybe monotonous and repetitive but it was important I get it all written down as the days went ahead so that I have it for future reference. I have decided that I will do the same with Sammi when the time comes. Nothing will be published until I'm ready to deal with it myself ...
Friday 22/11/19 - Day 45 Since Kaiah was mated
There is some confusion here - Kaiah seems to have put weight on. Why? I'm not saying she looks pregnant, she looks fat, a bit like she did that Sunday night ... was it day 33?  There about's anyway. I didn't think she looked fat a few days ago, well I never noticed till yesterday really. She is full of fun, active and playful, eating normally, as greedy as ever. Maybe it's the new food? Maybe she needs less of it? After all everyone is still adjusting to it I suppose. Just in case I won't adjust her portions just yet.
Steve and I chatted earlier about the the fluid bag seen in the scan .. could it be a singleton pup or is there something to be concerned about? Well as I said little Miss is quite her normal self, no signs of being off colour, but you can't help but worry about Pyo can you. I've not looked at her nipples for about 10 days, not since the scan, I must look in daylight tomorrow. On a positive note I was told after Sammi's scan that there were 2 fluid bags and they did turn out to be pups, but Bella had the same and that was not viable. What do I do now? I guess start monitoring her again and making notes here over the next few days ... she will be 7 weeks on Tuesday and if she continues to look "Fat" by the middle of next week then I'll take her for another scan. I did measure her belly at bed time - it was 28.5" - hmmm 2.5" bigger - but as I said she did it on day 33 too.
Let's see what tomorrow brings ..
Saturday 23/11/19 - Day 46 - 10am
God what is going on, when sitting she appears to have changes to her mammary glands .. not massive but they didn't look like that before, did they? Steve thinks I shouldn't say anything to anyone to protect myself really. I guess he's right but I'm seeing friends tomorrow and I doubt I'll be able to keep my gob shut. She still looks fat rather than pregnant and I guess a singleton puppy could well be in her ribs and have hidden from the scanner at 5 weeks. But I also have to consider that it could be a phantom, purely hormonal and that her body is playing tricks on both of us.
4.pm - Now she's showing no abdominal enlargement again - my head is pickled
Monday 25/11/19 - 9am
After a lovely day at the show yesterday I came home to find Kaiah looking very "normal!" So the confusion continues ... Like I said one puppy could be hiding and moving about, but maybe and probably more likely her hormones are just playing games with us. I honestly don't know what to think. I had already put this to bed, started to focus on future plans and now my head is cabagged again!
Tuesday 26/11/19 - Day 49 - 11.30am
Miserable day, too windy to walk this morning, we'll see if there is improvement after lunch. I measure Kaiah .. hmm 28.5 .. she does look round again. She's sat next to me on the sofa, I rest my hand on her belly and find myself saying .. "puppy if you are in there then move now" ... nothing .. haha. I chat to a friend in Ireland on Facebook and find myself telling her everything that has been going on .. her reply only adds to the confusion ..."We had a bitch we weren't sure of. Vet saw nothing on scan but she was carrying 1 puppy. She didn't show anything until later on. Around the stage Kaiah would be at now, 7wks."  Well hell it does seem to happen, but could I be that lucky that someone is cooking in there? Hell I wish I knew but sensibly I can't believe there is anything there.
Wednesday 27/11/19 - Day 50
Ok maybe I'm accepting that there is no singleton pup, there are no boobs, no discharge and no undercarriage. Her nipples are a little large and she does still look a little round .. but not in the right places. I'll leave this "diary" for now and post it at some point for my future reference or add to it should I need to. The only thing that adds a tiny bit of doubt is Kaiah's changing shape on day 33 and day 44 - both significant times during pregnancy. I can only guess now that having been mated that her hormones are running riot. I now need to put this back to bed and look forward to the Italian job!
Thursday 28/11/19 - Day 51
My confusion increases - I think we need a scan, maybe after the weekend. Ross continues to sniff around her bits and there is definitely some minimal changes to the mammary glands. Of course this is all probably hormonal ...
Friday 29/11/19 - Day 52
Gail has just seen Kaiah. She last saw her 2 weeks ago and said today "she didn't look like that 2 weeks ago." She did agree though that she looks, broad and not pregnant.
Saturday 30/11/19 - Day 53
Another sleepless night of what ifs, and now initially turned her nose up at her breakfast .. ate it a minute or two later but that's not her .. mind you it was a show morning so maybe she was just excited and hopeful!
7pm
 After I got home Kaiah was stupidly excited to see me as usual. She sat on the sofa and lent back into squirrel position... in that position she now has boobs - small flaps rather than big round boobs but another change. I made Steve look ..lol. As he said there is nothing in them but this is different to the last few days. I'm still not saying she is pregnant but if she is not then it's a phantom, and I do know bitches go as far as having milk in phantoms. It's still the same conclusion... I don't know what is going on!
Monday 2/11/19 - Day 55
I guess reality has hit again with a big bang - with only a week to go Kaiah simply can not be pregnant. The changes simply have to be hormonal. Though I'll never understand the varying abdominal enlargements.  I thought I was in control this time but I sobbed buckets again last night. It hurts so much that if you haven't been there I guess you'll never get it .. and of course having closed the door on it all after the 5 week scan I had to face all the doubts again over the last 10 days. Time to try and move on ...