Wednesday 11 December 2019

Asha's Weight

A lovely photo of my old lady today. Bless her she's doing so well has great mobility and seems to be as fit as a flea. The only issue is her weight. Asha has always been inclined to carry too much weight but now she's quite a skinny old girl. She's not horrendously thin and being out of coat doesn't help, maybe with the new coat a bit more condition will return. 
Of course everything goes through your mind, the "What ifs?" But like I said Asha seems fit and well and even if it is the worst case scenario and something sinister is brewing and causing the weight loss .. well there's nothing we can do, so we may as well get on with enjoying life! I'm well aware that some old dogs get fat, but some old dogs also get thin .. maybe Asha is just one of those old dogs? So what can I do to help? I guess I can try introducing a small supper into her feeding regime, I can't imagine there will be any complaints from Asha on that front. I do think that would be better than adding quantity to her meals .. and maybe I could increase her Carbs? Pasta or potatoes would be good. Asha can generally eat most things without any upset, well as long as they don't have artificial colours that is of course .. she had quite an allergic reaction to food with colours added when she was a puppy. 
I'll start the supper and hope it helps her .. she'll be chuffed!!!!