Thursday 5 December 2019

Perry and Luther

Yesterday I popped into Freshfields. I'm quite envious of the lovely new cattery and the kitten unit is now half built too. My god it's going to be lovely. But I did my time there and sadly I'll never get to appreciate the new facilities .. ah well as long as the cats and kittens do.
The staff had seen "The photo" of Perry the other night. I didn't post it publicly as there is always backlash by the anti cat lot, but put it this was the rat he had killed and was sitting so proudly with under the shoe rack was too big for me to tackle. Actually I didn't tackle it dead, I got Steve to do it! I'm not in the habit of taking photos of my cats with their kill, but I had to take this just to wind up a rat fearing friend. Anyway the staff asked how Perry was doing and whether his character was still improving. Though he has come on magnificently, personally I doubt he'll get any better. To be honest he's adorable with me, very affectionate and he loves to cuddle with Jamie. He's better with the dogs now and will stay in the living some evenings. He comes and goes as he pleases and shovels food dog like no feline I've ever seen eat before. I  guess he's a happy chap .. he just doesn't like people he doesn't know and with us never getting visitors I guess that will never change!
The conversation then went on to Luther. He's a different kettle of fish. They asked if he's friends with the other cats? Yeah he is, but he doesn't need them like Perry did and still does. Perry gets security from Jamie and to be honest I think having Luther around to spar with has helped him too. Luther has a strong character, and unlike Perry he has only ever know warmth, kindness, love and plenty. Early life has been pretty different for both. Again I'm not sure he'd be confident around strangers now, but only for the same reason, we never see anyone! Sad really Mr and Mrs Billy No Mates .. LOL .. but no we don't really care!