Wednesday 26 December 2018

Xmas 2018

Christmas day was mostly good at the Blanik household. Lunch was a success and after walking the dogs I still managed to get it plated up for 1pm. I'm not one for blowing my own trumpet, but I'm pretty good in a kitchen as long as you don't ask me to bake!
The dogs where good all day, though Loki's interest in Sammi is increasing ans she wants to rip his face off. Ross only managed to destruct 2 toys, one from his Auntie Linda's goodbag and one from Sarah's bag. Sarah has sent Loki a new toy too, but it's huge like the ones Mikey and Ziva had ... He'll get it when he's completely wrecked this one. Ross had one toy confiscated as he was determined to shred it but OMG he then played on my heart strings. He sat in front of me with sad eyes, a pitiful whinge and the odd sigh of sadness. He's one of these dogs that stares directly into your eyes, I sometimes thinks he looks straight into my soul. When he sits in front of me, as he often does I tell him how beautiful he is and how much I love him I swear he looks deep into my eyes and understands every single word I say. Not all dogs will make such direct eye contact will they. That frightfully naughty puppy sure has grown up into a loving faithful dog, maybe the harder the puppy the stronger the bond with the adult? Anyway one thing was for sure, last night he couldn't show me what he wanted any clearer than had he said it out loud and I ended giving it back to him but sitting on the floor with him removing each broken piece from his mouth before he swallowed it.
Last night in bed I watched the clock pass over from Xmas day to Boxing day and emotion took the better of me. Two years ago I'd lay here the same in an absolute state of shock after hearing of the death of George. I know I've been ridiculed over the years for my love of him, as I was about my upset of his death. When people don't understand something it's often easier to ridicule it than except people have difference ways and needs. It's still really hard to accept that there is no George ... No George, No Freddie, No Bowie, No Prince! Sadly the good guys, the talented men have died far too young! Thank God I still have Boy George and Marc Almond from my youth to remind me of the good times and Robbie continues to make me smile every time I see him. Maybe a live Robbie concert would be something to aim for sometime ...
A huge thank you to all for the wonderful gifts and cards from friends and family. We are truly overwhelmed with the kindness shown from you. Happy Xmas Holidays to all and I wish you a wonderful New Year and thank you for reading my blog and for the continued interest in the Blanik family.