Wednesday 19 December 2018

Nico Has Given Me A scare

Before I start, Nico seems fine, he's had breakfast and seems to be his normal self so the crisis is hopefully nowhere except in my head.
At around 5am Nico was heaving, by the time we woke up and got the lights on it was too late to try and move him and as he was stood over his vet bed I decided to leave him to it. For ages he was heaving but nothing was coming up .. and then it did. I remember saying to him, all that fuss over something that small. But when I went to clean it my stomach churned over. As you can see from the photo it's a piece of jagged slate.( the bottle top is there for size) I can only think, being the pig he is, that he ate something unsavory and that the slate was attached to it so he just swallowed it.
So of course at 5.15am with the light off I can only think of the "what ifs" and the worse case scenarios. That 4 month old puppy who died after swallowing tree bark, the jagged edges had ripped his intestine beyond repair, and Noya .. I thought of that close call with Noya. So that was the end of my nights sleep .. and I never thought of Dexi and how much shit he ate and that passed through him over the years.
I'll keep an eye on Nico today, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have a sore throat, but hopefully he's got out of this with no after affects.