Monday 10 December 2018

Thinking And Walking

Today was one of those days that was kind of a nothing day .. no sun, no wind, no rain, no mist, no snow frost or ice .. just a day. Still pleasant enough I guess to walk, not that cold either really. I had thought of not bothering with photos, but as ever with a camera in my pocket the temptation got the better of me!
Today I was alone with my thoughts, Brexit .. OMG yes even I think of the disaster possibly pending. The ridiculousness of it all is just beyond belief. Why Cameron ever thought it was a good idea I'll never know? He split the country in half, and now he's leaving others to clear up the disaster that he and his minions created. I'm not a Mrs May fan .. but at least she had the "balls" to try and take on the job!
So 2 years on and now more people are aware of the implications. Would they vote differently? I sure hope they would! Brexit was sold to the UK on lies and racism, well a hatred for immigrants anyway. Little Johnny with his tattoos and no qualifications is pissed because Khalid the neurosurgeon stole his job ... laughable!  In my opinion going ahead with no deal would be suicide for this country and the future generations. Actually wasn't it mostly the "older generation" who voted out anyway, it was always better in their day! Well where the hell will they get their medication and their goods from without a deal? (and the showing and breeding of dogs abroad will become extremely complicated - a minor detail in the big picture) No to be fair, even my parents in their mid 70ies did some research and for the sake of their grand children realised staying in was the safer option. Oh God .. moving on ... lets look at dog photos on a nothing day and smile.


Also .. Also ... what I was thinking about today was Xmas. I needed to get presents to post for a friend. I planned what I was going to get and thought the postage will be more than the bloody pressies. But I love her dearly so it's well worth it. I then thought about the recycling of gifts. Come on be truthful there must be plenty of us that do it? As long as you don't give it back to the person who gave it to you, it's OK, isn't it? Ooops just me then? Haha. No seriously I'd sooner pass something on than waste it, as long as it's unopened, clean and new then there can't be any harm in it, can there? Better than wasting something nice that's just not for me. Mind you I'm that greedy that I like almost everything I get  ... but a rather horrendous shower cap does come to mind. Carrie .. remember? Oh God ..  How could we forget?