Sunday 23 December 2018

Heart Dogs

Now don't get me wrong I love all my dogs, as I have loved all the dogs I have had the pleasure of sharing my life with, but some do get to you more than others. Some are harder to love, some remain part of the family whilst some are able to worm their way further and further into your heart. It's not always the most obedient, it's not always the top show winner, it can't always be explained but some of them just become that tiny bit closer to you than the others.
It started with Blade - my first GSD. He opened my eyes to this magnificent breed and opened the door to a brand new world for me. Blade always gave of his best in the show and obedience ring and would without doubt have given his life for mine. He was a complex character who didn't always like everyone. I guess he was an astute individual and once he made up his mind about someone there was no going back. The people around me at the time will recall his indifference and later hatred of my X husband.
Another first was Seffe, she was the puppy I kept from my very first litter. She was not the puppy I'd had plans to keep, that was Aria. Aria was ripped from my clutches and left me distraught and devastated beyond words. Dexi, Seffe's brother came back at just under 6 months old and he become one of the top winners of the late 90ies. Constructionally he was superior to Seffe, but Seffe become my best friend.. Seffe was not a big show winner or a well known brood bitch. Seffe was my special friend, my comfort blanket, my charming, funny little friend, my shadow.  One thing is for sure the world has been a better place and my life has been richer for having known Seffe, but then when her grandson arrived my world was to be turned on it head again. 
Louis, what can I say that I haven't said before? A dog that dreams are made of, charming, funny, affectionate and sweet. Louis loved everyone and their dog, he lived his life to the full with enthusiasm and drive. I truly believe Louis has been "THE DOG" in my life time. To know him was to love him .. unless he came into the show ring to compete against you .. then I guess you resented his presence! 
Here we are in 2018 and my Angel (AKA Naughty Angel) is now 5 years old. The naughtiest, but most adorable of puppies, she had me pulling my hair out with frustration and welling up with pride, joy and adoration. Sammi is special beyond words ... the naughtiest puppy the most beautiful adult, but yeah with just a spark of puppy naughtiness shining through to make her even more endearing.