Friday 14 December 2018

First Ice Of Winter




Super walks to Llyn Cop with all the dogs, damned nippy but such a beautiful day. Frost, Ice and Winter sunshine, my kind of day. I was fascinated with all the ice and icicles on the over flow from the lake, never see it like that before. Amazing.
Again walking alone I had time to think, this time about this mornings blog and I wondered if I'd worded it badly. I wondered if I'd insinuated that everyone should have a dog. Of course that was not what I meant! I don't expect every single household to have a dog, not everyone likes them or wants them in their life. Fair enough. But everyone who wants and can care for a dog should have one, but the right dog to suite their lifestyle of course!
Then I started thinking about my mother. My mother is not a dog person, I guess the love of canine companions missed a generation with my mother, but she does love cats. I feel so sorry for her as she's forever bringing up the subject that she "wants another` cat ... But your father won't let me have one!" What?  OMG, "Won't let you have one?" A different generation, a different time I suppose. No one tells me what I can or can't have and I would never dream of telling Steve what he can or can't have. We are all adults we can make these decisions for ourselves. Of course we may discuss the subject and suggest why it may or may not be a good idea .. but if someone told me I couldn't have something that would make me more determined to have it! My dad suggests having another cat would tie them down? Codswallop. They have one maybe two holidays a year, and they always use to put Tammy in a cattery, so what is the tie? Whilst I'm sad for my mum I also do feel that is she really wanted a cat then she should just turn round and say .. "well I'm getting one!" There may be a sulk and a strop, but he'd get over it.  Of course going back to what I said earlier, being in their mid 70ies they would need the right cat, not a kitten, not even a teenager .. but 5 -7 year old would be just ideal! Still I can think about it and rationalize it in my mind all I like but only one person can change the situation and that is my mother!