Friday 14 December 2018

Clock Of The Heart

There is no doubt these dogs can all tell the time, but Kaiah is beyond a joke. Between 8 and 8.10am every morning she's awake and shouting. I shouldn't really object as it's a sensible time to get up, but sometimes, just sometimes staying in bed till 9am would be an absolute treat.
I don't think for one minute that she has a look at the clock and thinks, "it's time they were up," or that she has a watch hidden under her vet bed. (I'll look .. haha) Her ability to tell the time so accurately is by knowing how long it is she should be in bed, she knows .. and almost to the minute the length of our night. I guess Steve and I are pretty set in our ways and do things to a routine that can only help her accurate time keeping. 
The timing between meals is also measured accurately, Asha is so on the ball that not even a change in the hour can confuse her. Breakfast as soon as Kaiah get us up and dinner at 4.30pm, and to be fair they all anticipate 4.30pm with the same excitement.  Two hours after breakfast the walks begin, again everyone knows the routine, unless I throw a spanner in the works and change things!
Show days are a nightmare, no matter how I play it they know. I've tried preparing the night before, preparing in the morning and last minute preparations. Nothing makes any difference, they bloody know. The level of excitement is beyond a joke and nothing I do can reduce it. I do feel sorry for the ones not going, and most, though not all want to go.
It's actually quite scary at times, I think they know what I'm going to do before I've decided to do it. They watch my body language and my facial expressions and know everything about me. This truly is an amazing breed, a step ahead of the others. (And yes I have experience of other breeds) We are truly blessed to share a life with such amazing creatures, I can't ever imagine a life without dogs. Maybe one day they will have to be different dogs, but a life without dogs would surely be a sad empty place .. I believe there really must be the right dog out there for everyone.