Wednesday 12 December 2018

Website Down?

Today I've been thinking again, I really don't think it's good for me .. do you? No seriously I'm really thinking of removing my website next year. (I'm paid up till the Spring I think) With Facebook, Champ dogs and this blog I just don't see any need to pay for it to stay online, to be honest I've not updated it for years and I'm now not sure if I remember how too. I'm sure I'd get the hang of it again, but it does seem pointless paying for something that's not used.
There are some disadvantages I guess, 20% of recent traffic to this blog came from the website, closing it down would loose some new readers. Not sure I'm too bothered, I'm happy with what I've got. Page views for November where 2,809 .. obviously a lot of returning reader (well ..Friends) but maybe the odd one just finding their way here too?
Then there's the name of the blog .. Blanik is not included anywhere, that would need changing if the blog is to be found in association with my dogs. Maybe including it in the description may help, but I'm not changing the name of Tali's Tails. Not only is Tali in memory of my lovely girl but it was also my user name on all the George Michael sites. At concerts I even got used to being called "Tali!" And what of George Michael?  There really is nothing to say these days, he's seems to have gone out of my life, and now I never seek him for comfort or reassurance. Maybe his loss made me move on?  I'll never ever forget what he gave me. Magical nights. wonderful friends and light at the end of some very dark tunnels. He really was my sanity in some seriously heartbreaking situations, but for me, he's not there now! With time that may change? But it may not! So do I remove his photo from the cover? Do I remove his name from the description? Hell I don't know!
I've just looked the Website was last updated om the 6.11.2014. So I either pull my finger out and update it .. or remove it. Decisions decisions!!!