Tuesday 5 October 2021

Loki And Cat Food

Not a single tin of cat food in Tesco again today, Oh people what have you done? The shelves did seem a little bit better stocked, but when you look closely, so much is missing, but I did get sardines for the dogs ...lol. 
After arriving home I quickly unloaded and then got Loki to the vets. Beth was really pleased with his progress. I asked if we could cut the steroids to one every other day, she preferred to give him half daily. It's still quite a large dose, but keeping the balance is paramount. Beth pointed out what we already know; we are not treating him, as in, he can't be fixed, he'll never recover, he will never be who he was. We are simply helping him live comfortably with the condition he has, giving him quality of life, but if he is as he is now, well that's just great. 
When I got home I went online to try and get cat food. It's not as easy as buying dog food, some of these buggers won't eat everything and it's either wasted or Perry eats so much lefts overs that he's sick! Anyway Zooplus have three varieties of Whiskas in jelly in packs of 24 for £19.49 each - so I ordered all three. Kitekat is a ridiculous £27.69 for 24 on  Amazon, so I'll pass on that. 
After dropping the van off for it's MOT Steve took me in the car to Wynnstay, they only had their own make of cat food and Classic. Luther doesn't like Classic, but the others do. I remember that the Wynnstay food was very unpopular at the rescue Centre, don't tell Luther, I got Classic. Linda is going to have a look for me in Morrisons on her next visit, life was so easy before Brexit ... 2 packs of  6 of Whiskas and 2 packs of 6 of Tesco's own food a week, they all liked it ... sorted!