Monday 18 October 2021

Sheffield GSD Ch Show

Siska - I know she's turned her head, but it's actually the most accurate photo on the day, as she spent all the class looking about instead of concentrating.
 
A soggy Orin still looking the part.

The man - Nico 
Sheffield GSD - The longest show day ever I think. We set off at 5am and got back at 10.40pm. Still we had a great day with great friends. Young Callan (Blanik Lancelot) owned by Bethan and Darryl was pulled out first in PD but sadly pipped at the post at the last minute. Very proud at 9 months and a week to see him second in his class. Orin (Blanik Kyriacos) looked super and was shortlisted to the last 6 in PGD at 19 months. (Why was there no yearling class???) Siska (Blanik Liszka) was her usual handful but managed a respectable 2nd in PB. But the highlight of the day for me was seeing Nico (Conbhairean Dannko of Blanik) winning veteran dog and then challenging the veteran champion to win Best Veteran Male an 10.5 years old. He was so full of himself, if ever a dog was excited to be out of retirement for a day - well it was him. I got quite emotional! Thanks to judge Kevin Hoyland, who also gave Nico a 1st at Crufts many moons ago (2013) Thanks to Sarah for her handling and friendships, and thanks to everyone who shared the day with me and made it a memorable one. 
 EDIT OMG - Forgot to say, Kaiah was there too, she was last, that's not why I forgot, but I have no photos of her .. hope Bethan has 😀
Some super videos of the boys on Facebook, but I can't share them as they are Ian's and Facebook won't let me steal them!