Thursday 28 October 2021

I Took Loki Too

With high winds and torrential showers Steve chickened out of Loki's first walk. As I've said before, if we are to have peace, then they must go and get rid of some excess energy on days like this. On drier days when the doors are open they potter and play until we go out, but today it's an early walk, then we are all confined to barracks. I didn't go beyond the fields, it was far too windy to risk going further. I was lucky to get Nico, Jezi and Loki walked in relative dryness, but the rest of us got a battering. Beneath the oilskins I was dry but my god it hurt my face.
Loki did well, though skidded onto his face trying to run down the top field. He looked towards me, but I didn't say anything, he was straight up and off. He needs to slow down, but doesn't want to!
Zeus really doesn't like the wind and rain, and his coat really isn't practical for such weather. He takes a lot more drying .. hence I always comment about the practicality of LSH GSD as working dogs!  I always hate the idea of seeing GSD's in coats, the best one they could ever get is the one they are wearing, but now I kind of understand the practicality for a LSH. Anyway the rest loved it, I think it was a new experience for Siska but she's quite the little hard knock like her mum so it was bring it on gang!  They especially loved finding a deep ditch between the old boundary wall and the new fencing .. well new but now needs replacing thanks to the cattle! It would be good to do round two again this afternoon, but looking at the forecast I doubt it will be possible!