Tuesday 4 June 2019

Update

Following a conversation with a Sheltie breeder I passed on her information to my friend who I talked about in the post "I Knew The Boy." The breeder is a friend and has common sense in bucketfuls. Yes a smaller breed than a GSD or Dob but generally a biddable breed ... though my Grandmother's boy"Sandy" could be a right one, but he was a spoiled brat.
Anyway yesterday my friend went to visit the breeder, to meet the older dogs and have a sneaky peak at the puppies who are only a few days old. She got back to me last night and said ... "Your friends  came this afternoon. He is obviously poorly, but very keen to have a puppy. His partner is prepared to look after the dog if ever he is unable to do so, that was my main concern. So, all being well they may end up as owners of a Sheltie. I said to think things over and let me know either way, but was happy with their attitude to having a puppy in the house. I did suggest, as you two have just got back in contact, that you may come with them for a visit in a few weeks. He’s ok, can walk, but I would think he gets tired quickly. He certainly couldn’t manage a young bouncy GSD, his partner was right to refuse him that. I wouldn’t have sold him one. He will be fine with a 9kg Sheltie on a lead! Thank you for the introduction, now all we can do is wait and see what happens."
Yesterday evening my friend also contacted me and he sounds very keen to have a puppy. The breeder has said she will reserve one for them for 4 weeks to give them time to talk and think about things, after that time she will need some kind of commitment from them, as best as anyone can commit I guess .. I think both breeder and prospective buyers are handling this wonderfully, there is a puppy for them should they want one but there is no pressure to make a commitment .. no snap decisions .. time to think.