Wednesday 26 June 2019

A Holiday Abroad .. Pass!!!


For the first time this Summer the heat got the better of me. I did the first walk and found it a little bit of a struggle, but to be honest I didn't think it was too hot. By the time I got back with the girls I felt physically sick, I could hear my heart racing and I was wet with sweat. Steve panicked at the colour of me and rushed me into the house before getting me a drink. I sat a while and he offered to take the youngsters to field, but it's simply not enough for them and I waited for cloud cover and decided to do a shorter walk with them. In the meantime Ross had got himself in such a state waiting for me that I ended up having to cut the walk even shorter.
To be honest I got quite concerned for him and had to cover him in a wet towel and limit what he was drinking when I got home. Going out today was a huge mistake for me, and keeping Ross waiting was obviously a mistake for him. But honestly I hadn't felt it on the first walk, it was as if someone turned up the heat, mad dogs and a welsh woman eh!
I know I'm in a minority but I find this heat really debilitating, I was so distressed today I burst into tears. I doubt I'll be walking again now whilst this hot spell continues, all I can do is take the dogs swimming early mornings and having given them their Summer flea treatment yesterday I can't do that now for another week. In any other weather I can pick the right set of clothes and get out there, in weather like today all I can do is sit about in the house or in the shade. I don't dispute that everywhere isn't stunningly beautiful, it is beyond belief.
 I love the sunsets and I love the long evenings .. providing the midges don't come out to play. I guess for people who have the skin type to enjoy sitting in it and don't need to do things then it's heaven but for those of us who want to walk but go spotty and burn .. well it's no fun really is.