Tuesday 25 June 2019

Rain Stops Plans

Today I was suppose to meet up with Paul, the person I wrote about in the post "I knew The Boy." Sadly though as I was leaving to meet up with him he messaged to say it was bucketing it down on the Llyn Peninsular and with his immunity already compromised he felt it was best to cancel. I had already ordered stuff from the vets and continued on my way. The rain at home was very light and would never have stopped me walking but the further I got on the Caernarfon to Pwllheli road the worst the rain got. With my windscreen wipers on full I considered that not even I would go walking in this. I did consider the woodland shelter of Gyrn Goch but with workmen near my parking space I continued to the vets. There the weather was no better and after collecting my stuff I set off for home. I decided to turn off in Ffor and come home through Chwilog, almost as soon as I turned off I saw a much lighter sky in the distance before me and by the time I got to Bont Fechan it had stopped raining! 

A lovely walk through the woodland path 
Along the side of Afon Dwyfor 
and down to the deserted beach 
 Honestly not a soul in sight but it did start to rain as we played on the beach
I took the old camera but it really played up and for a while I thought I would have to use my phone. It hasn't died yet but it's getting close and when I got home I had trouble getting the photos off it and onto my laptop .. the laptop telling me that there had been a "catastrophic failure." I preserved and eventually got them, I guess I'll have to give up on it soon eh! Sad really but there we go.