Sunday 16 June 2019

The Season Continues

Sammi's still in season .. I recorded the first discharge on the 29th of April, there has only been a little discharge and a little blood since then. Now she is dripping red blood and the dogs, well Loki is starting to take some notice of her. It just seems to go on forever with her. Thank god she looses such a small amount of blood. Should I want to mate her I wouldn't have a clue if I was coming going or been!
This time last year Kaiah was out of coat. I showed her at boiling hot Blackpool at the end of June and regretted it as she didn't have enough coat to really be in the ring. In the first week of July she was not shown as she was too bald and according to my records she came in season on August the 10th and was shown on the 19th and the 27th of August. I recorded on the 29th of August that I'd had to separate her from the boys. That would be consistent with her next season in March this year were she came in season on the first but was still attending a show on the 16th and not getting any male attention until after day 19. Kaiah is currently in lovely coat and condition, she's matured in body recently and in my opinion looks the best she ever has. I'm hoping she holds on to her coat until at least the end of July, but I can't see her having any for the August Champ show in Builth at the middle of the month.
When she starts loosing her coat I'll know that I'll have about 6 - 8 weeks before her season which if she follows the same pattern of 6 and a half months should be mid September, that really would be ideal as puppies, should we be lucky enough to get them would be born early December and ready to leave at the end of January - early February. Here's hoping it all goes to plan now, an earlier season really would cause some difficulties of transport and due dates ...