Wednesday 26 June 2019

Cowboys And Angels

George's family wrote yesterday ... "We are all missing him more than ever, but like to think of him, with mum , the love of his life Anselmo , and all of his lovely doggies, seeing all that great work done in his name , and the joy of you all sharing it with each other……whilst playing his music (of course) –and hopefully dancing and singing !!"
Yesterday was George's birthday, and the day of the big concert. I had decided when it was announced that I didn't want to go, what is a George Michael concert without George? Well I'm sure for those who could face it it was a lovely night with his band and other artists performing his songs. I couldn't help but watch some of the videos which were creeping up on Facebook and it was very mixed feelings seeing the people I use to spend evening with excitedly waiting to go in.
My memories of numerous evening spent with George Michael will always remain special and magical, they truly were some of the best nights of my life, but for me that magic died with the man on Xmas day 2016. I still love the music and will always by blessed to have found escapism in this wonderful man, but a George Michael concert without George ... well it's just not for me ...