Saturday 1 June 2019

The First Day Of Summer

.. and it's pissing it down! Subject to change after lunch I gather .. but we'll see, not so sure the weather people know what they are talking about. Maybe I should change from following The Meteorological Seasons and start following Astronomical seasons then it would still be Spring till the 21st of June. The Meteorological seasons are just so much easier to follow and consists of splitting the seasons into four periods made up of three months each. These seasons are split to coincide with our calendar . They are therefore, Spring (March, April, May), summer (June, July, August), autumn (September, October, November) and winter (December, January, February). Simples! I think you needs an "A" level to follow the Astronomical season .. damn! Googled it .. copy and paste ... "The astronomical calendar determines the seasons due to the 23.5° tilt of the Earth's rotational axis in relation to its orbit around the sun. Both equinoxes and solstices are related to the Earth's orbit around the sun. Solstices and equinoxes are considered to be the astronomical transition points between the seasons and mark key stages in the astronomical cycle of the earth. In a year there are two equinoxes (spring and autumn) and two solstices (summer and winter). The dates of the equinoxes and solstices aren't fixed due to the Earth's elliptical orbit of the sun. The Earth's orbit around the sun means that in early January, the sun is closest (known as perihelion) and in early July it is most distant (aphelion)... " I will definitely stick to Meteorological!
Tomorrow we have Crewe C.S show, in a pub in Nantwich! A pub I use to visit regularly in the 90ies with Nikki and Dexi as it was where the GSD folk went for training. Yes we travelled all that way for Ring Craft! I vaguely remember the huge grounds at the back and the snug bar, no doubt it will have changed a lot! Anyway we are outside, come what may judging is outside .. I don't hope for sunshine, but dry weather in the morning is a must ... PLEASE!  I can't imagine the green eyed monster will be there but if she is I will follow the great advice given of indifference. Funnily she has recently started commenting on the odd post that I allow her to see, it gives me the giggles really as she is totally oblivious that I know everything, and I do feel it gives me the upper hand ... Moving on ...
I had thought of going to see Luther today, but sadly other things have cropped up. Can't be helped really can it, I just need to be patient a while longer. Mum was horrified with my choice of name for him but did have Lucifer in her mind. I googled the American TV Program Lucifer, he is the original fallen angel, who has become dissatisfied with his life in hell..not quite the story a religious person would tell you but funny I guess.. I wish I'd thought of it now, if only to piss off the brainwashed in my life ... "don't go there" .. OK!!! Haha. Luther is simply the sexy Idris Elba's character in the program of the same name. I love the program and the character so an apt name I feel for a lovely black kitten! Again I thank Gail for the updated photo - Luther is 6 weeks old today.
This morning we went window shopping, if things go to plan then we will be getting a new Blanik Bus in the next month or so. Hopefully this one won't have a free shower compartment! Honestly I love my van but the continuous leaks are really annoying. Having lived it's former life as a Police Vehicle this one has the best floor you could ever wish for and in comparison that will be a downside to any other van. Anyway this morning we looked at rubber horse matting to consider as flooring and it's only just over £30 for 6x4ft at an inch thick. It looks ideal and I would hope too thick to chew!
The new van is the next version on my own van, mine is 2003, this is a 2011 model so not the modern version which came in in 2016, for now I can only dream of getting that model. I've been so pleased with this van that I can't imagine I would get anything better in my price range than a Peugeot Expert.. here's hoping it all works out!
Whilst there we noticed they where stocking DR. John's Titanium dog food. This is becoming one of the most popular foods among show people at the moment.
Dr. John was a food frowned upon for years but now with numerous varieties they are making their way quickly up the popularity ladder. I feel what I give the young and the old is so important and feeding a reputable dog food can only help their life long welfare in the end. The bags sell there for £16 each and I asked if there was discount and delivery for a pallet, they said we could discuss the price .. worth a shot, as is discussing things further straight with the manufacturer. Of course I still have a lot of CSJ to get through first and I will be careful not to break ties with them as I may need to continue to get Asha's food from them as well as some supplements.
Though the rain has moved on it's been a lazy afternoon in the Blanik household. It doesn't happen often .. but they cope!