Tuesday 18 June 2019

Luther Went Out

Steve has already started stressing about Luther being in the kitchen. He worries so much that he's spending too much time alone. This is how I always start off with kittens, Luther is far too small to have the run of the house especially with doors and windows open. I agree he's a very different ball game to Perry who took a week to come out of the crate, but actually that makes it worse as he's into everything and off everywhere. I'm not taking risks with him he's too small.
This afternoon Steve wanted to take Luther out into the front garden, I thought about it and said we'll compromise and take him into the living room, but leave the door open. Of course he was out in the yard in seconds, but the safety here was that he could run back into a familiar room should he be spooked by anything. Spooked I said? Don't be silly! We both stood and watched as Jamie and Perry also came to supervise .. as Jamie has done with every kitten who has joined the family unit since he did in 2009. I have never seen such a confident kitten. To be honest he went far further than I was comfortable with, going into the kennels and off towards the fields .. I was really on tenterhooks as the fearless little chap explored his surrounding. I can't see this one being happy in the kitchen for months as Perry was .. I fear this little guy will be giving us the round around very very soon!