Saturday 8 June 2019

Getting Ready For Luther

It doesn't seem like I'll get to see Luther again before he comes home, things just haven't gone to plan. The relentless rain of the last 16 - 18 hrs still hasn't stopped and puts me off doing anything I don't need to do today. I need to get these sorted this morning and get diesel and food for tomorrow's show. We have Derbyshire GSD show in Sheffield tomorrow, the weather looks promising but I'm so glad we opted for it and not Three Counties in Malvern today. A local agricultural show that I occasionally attend has been cancelled as the field is water logged, such a bloody shame!
Anyway .. Luther ... he's eating well now so I'm hopeful that we can go and pick him up on Wednesday. I had thought of leaving it till Sunday as I have Ruthin show on Saturday, but if he moves in on Wednesday it gives everyone more time to settle before I leave MR S in sole charge. Sharon has sent him a brand new bed .. it matches a tunnel I had already bought for him. We already have a tunnel here but Perry continues to use it to sleep in everyday so I won't take it off him. We still have a bag full of toys here and I've been making pompoms the last few days, mostly for rescue, but obviously some will be for Luther and the new ping pong balls have arrived.  I have kept 4 for Perry but the other 8 can go to Freshfields.
Hopefully Gail will keep up the photos and we'll get a 7 week old photo to add to this post and the Facebook album later today ...
Edited - Photo Of Luther added at 1pm