Friday 15 June 2018

The Critiques I'd Been Dreading

2 Stanley and Bibby's Silkenwood Poldark of Blanik. Male of just under a year. Needing time to fill out and tighten up. Finer in bone, strong clean profile shape, head in proportion, good length to muzzle to skull, almond dark eyes and good, alert expression. Not as positive on the move as the winner.
1 Stanley's Blank Jeevana. Very nice bitch of 19 months. Lovely profile, height to length, reach of neck, topline and rear quarters. Sufficient bone, good feet. Pleasing chest, rib and loin, would like just an inch more muzzle to balance skull, good ear and eye giving an alert and lively expression. Very controlled on the move, sound and fluent action with plenty of reach.
Louis 
Ah The Royal Welsh .. I really didn't want to go, for one reason and one reason only .. my previous experiences of this judge. She was the only judge to ever criticise Louis' fantastic head. When she said his muzzle was too short for his forehead I wondered what she really did know about a GSD. I gave her further opportunity to judge Mikey and Asha and neither where placed, I said then I would not go under her again .. well now I really mean it. I will NEVER give this woman another opportunity to lay a finger on one of my dogs ..
Ok, generally these critiques are not that bad as I expected of her. I agree Ross needs time to fill out but to say he is fine in bone and not a positive mover is just a joke. Ross has as much bone as Loki, but he is not as heavily built as Nico, in my opinion all three boys have suitable bone for their build. I have never shown Ross lame, he powers around the ring with a positive strong stride and on the day I had to hold him back from the bitch who was dilly dallying in front of him. Yes  she was a nice puppy bitch .. but really?
Kaiah's critique has really put the tin hat on it. I have to admit it's mostly a nice critique, but .. BUT .. OMFG she almost word for word gives the same criticism as she did of Louis years ago .. she would like an inch more muzzle to balance the skull... FFS ... she has the best head of any bitch here in years, she's bloody beautiful  .. she's not a fecking Belgian, she's a German Shepherd.
This is what the breed standard says about the Head and Skull of the breed.
Kaiah
"Proportionate in size to body, never coarse, too fine or long. Clean cut; fairly broad between ears. Forehead slightly domed; little or no trace of central furrow. Cheeks forming softly rounded curve, never protruding. Skull from ears to bridge of nose tapering gradually and evenly, blending without too pronounced stop into wedge-shaped powerful muzzle. Skull approximately 50 per cent of overall length of head. Width of skull corresponding approximately to length, in males slightly greater, in females slightly less. Muzzle strong, lips firm, clean and closing tightly. Top of muzzle straight, almost parallel to forehead. Short, blunt, weak, pointed, overlong muzzle undesirable."
Enough said!