Saturday 30 June 2018

Kittens And Puppies

For the second time this week I've been sensible.  I've been tempted twice today but for a change I've kept my head firmly in charge of my heart! Within an hour of each other I have been offered 2 kittens today. One a blue/cream or blue tortie .. I'm not sure from the photo, and one black and white farm kitten. Nope, in both cases it's a definite no, though the thoughts and description of the black and white is playing on my mind. To be honest I don't want another female cat, and the pretty blue cream/tortie with be female as it's a female only colour and the other has not been sexed!
So here is me with my common sense head on, Tia and Oliver are oldies and both are looking their age. The change in Oliver is pretty obvious to anyone .. not that anyone except me sees him really. He is quite thin and his eye are looking a little sunken. Tia has big issues which we have to monitor ... and that's apart from her character! So maybe in a year or so there will be room at the inn, but not right now, right now we have to look after the family we have don't we.
My other weakness this week was a soggy sable L/C GSD pup called Brett. Yes another "brown" one, but this time a hairy brown one as those who should know better would say! I was thinking of all ways of getting this stunning puppy, I even thought of asking someone with less dogs to go half and be in partnership with me. Brett is at Silkenwood and out of Teddy's mum to the lovely Zalu. Some wise words from a friend put me on the right track and I really hope that Brett has gone now so I don't have to think of him any more!
I've also been looking, yes just looking, at British Short haired and Norwegian Forest cats kittens. The NFC are fantastic .. but that huge coat is not for me, I'm far too lazy with a brush. The BSH seem to be going for about £850 - so about £100 - £150 less than you're average GSD. You know what, I really can't see me spending that much money on a cat .. I'd sooner get a homeless moggy and buy another dog .. Brett, Brett .. are you still there?? lol