Sunday 17 June 2018

Ruthin - Part 2

Loki with some of his stash 
 After a lovely journey we had an extremely long day at Ruthin C.S  Show in Llangollen yesterday.. Being first in the ring at 10am we are there well before 9.30am to get ourselves and our dogs settled. Young Gun Ross pleased me by winning GSD junior and only managed to make one hole in the ring whilst the others did their individuals. I was really pleased with him, both in and out of the ring.
Loki then beat his sister by the skin of his teeth in open and then took BOB. The judge was over the moon with both Loki and Bella and said she was splitting hairs between the siblings. A lovely feeling for Ian and myself as he owns mum and bred the litter and I own the sire .. Nico!
Ross enjoying an ice cream 



By lunch time I was feeling knackered and I begged Loki not to win the pastoral group .. but he went ahead and did it anyway, possibly the best group he's ever won! Funnily the group judge walked past me in the line whispering I'll be back to you and came back at the end giving Loki the opportunity to go round the ring twice .. lovely for him and me but a little uncomfortable maybe as she only gave the others the chance to go up and down. Comments where made that she may well have decided he was set to win early on, and it sure felt that way as she called him into the group 1 position almost straight away. As I was moving him up and down I was very uncomfortable as a Pyrenean Mountain Dog started to react aggressively towards Loki,
Someone wants to kill Loki 
or me, or both of us. I have to say I was really hoping the owner had the ability to hold him and when I saw the photo it unnerved me even more.
It sure did become a very long drawn out day and with so many of us fed up and knackered I'm sure the committee will reconsider the judging order for future shows. It was approx 6.30pm when we went into the BIS ring, as usually Loki's performance was faultless but it was not to be his day. Still the BIS judge said he was a credit to me .. which was lovely to hear. Thanks to everyone who shared the day ... and to  Marilyn who said she though Ross was wonderful, she said she couldn't take her eyes off him in the ring, these comments mean a lot and help so much when you always do get to hear the negative comments too!
Bella, Loki's sister
Apparently poor Kaiah was lost without her partner in crime yesterday, but she'll have to get use to staying home as I only intend showing her under breed judges and at Ch.Shows now. I bet she'll be pleased to hear she's going to Cheshire and Blackpool next week!
Today I've been shattered, I've not even walked the troops, no doubt we'll pay for it this evening. Ross and Kaiah will want to wrestle, and I'll just want to sleep, or watch TV. Here's hoping there's something other than bloody football on offer!