Monday 25 June 2018

Ross and Sammi

Since Sammi broke and consequentially lost a tooth last year I've been carrying a vets letter with me to every show to confirm that she had full dentition before the accident. I was advised to carry the letter in my bag and only use it if the judge asked about her mouth. Not one judge had seem to notice to date .. certainly no one had asked and she'd been well placed at all the shows. But at Cheshire last week it has since been bought to my attention that the judge noticed the missing tooth but did not ask about it, he merely penalised her in the class. This is unfamiliar ground for me but I have since been advised that I should present the letter to the steward at the beginning of the bitch judging and he/she will advise the judge accordingly. With proof the missing tooth was from an accident and not simply a dentition fault the judge could judge her fairly. Well actually it makes perfect sense, how is a judge suppose to know if it's a dentition fault or an accident if he/she is not given the relevant information? The letter was presented to the steward at Blackpool and Sammi was placed according to her merits ...
I've finally had enough of Ross' eating habits, the game is over I'm playing no more. I've allowed myself to get further and further into this, what a mug! No dog will starve, so it's a case now of how many days it'll take him to eat. He ate no dog food yesterday but ate his carrot and biscuit at bed time, so far today he's eating nothing. I've offered him the meals at the normal times, left him with it for a few minutes then put it away. No treats, no goodies no nothing! I have to stay strong, I have to have more will power than him now.
I've persevered more with him because for a long time he was on medication that I needed him to have. Then there were supplements that I added to his food. Well now I'll shove them down his throat if I have too, I've really had enough of Ross calling all the shots at meal times. As I said previously, I guess the other problem is that I don't want a skinny show dog, but with him chucking all his coat and looking rough I guess now is the time to do it.
I have been here before, with Louis and to a lesser degree with Loki. I can still hear Jill Hubbard, the vets words "YOU should know better than that!" Of course I should, I did then and I do now. It was only when I gave up messing with Louis' food and thought sod you that he came right .. so sod you Ross eat it or loss it mate!