Thursday 28 June 2018

That Was Quick

Blackpool Critiques - a bit of a something and nothing I guess - I wonder why he bothered? Maybe he really could have given a little more infoon the actual animals. 
(Though I do agree that Loki lacks drive - he tends to float and not push himself around the ring)
Anyway I love his introduction...I had the pleasure of judging German Shepherd at Blackpool and below is my critics: When I grew up I spent a lot of time at my grandparent’s farm and by doing so I became very fond of animals. I would rather spend my time in the stables than in my grandmother’s kitchen. Since my family was living in a flat in Oslo the only type of animal I could dream of was a dog, a horse was out of question. My father promised me that if we ever could afford to buy a house he would buy me a dog. When the time came the dog arrived at my 15th birthday. It was a young German Shepperd and I quickly got involved with the breed club. In those days we had a couple of wealthy people in Norway who were involved with GSD and I became a handler for the Charmin kennel. Together with them I spent a lot of time in Germany visiting the big kennels like Wienerau and Stüveschacht and watching the Sieger shows. I was passed by the FCI to judge GSD in 1967 and I judge them for the first time at a football pitch outside Oslo when I was 23 years old. It was snowing, but that didn’t take any of the pleasure away from my big day. Coming from Norway where the breed was of German origin I was shocked when I started travelling to the UK in the late 1960s and saw a breed called Alsatians. For me they were untypical, over angulated, long backed and weak tempered. I almost fainted when Ch Hendrawns Nibelung of Charavigne went BIS at Crufts in 1969. It all changed when I suddenly saw Ch Royvons Red Rum because between him and me, there was love at first sight. I had the pleasure of giving him a group and it was pure joy to see him motor around the ring. It is many years since I judged the breed in the UK for the first, but I am still excited every time I get an invitation. I therefore want to thank Blackpool Championship Dog Show for inviting me and the exhibitors for showing their lovely dogs under me. 
2ND LOKEAN OF BLANIK SHCM (MRS R STANLEY) Very similar to the winner in type and quality. Lovely standing, but I thought the winner had more drive in his movements.
2ND BLANIK IVANA SHCM (MRS R STANLEY) Bitch of very good type but slightly long in the loin. Moves and stands well.