Thursday 9 November 2023

Blanik Jackanory

The photos have gone on in the wrong order so the last walk is on first ...

After being at club last night I thought Beti could have 15 minutes with her father on the mountain, he pays little attention to her as he has male things to do, but it gives me comfort that I have him about should I need him!
At club Beti had been full of fun, even climbing on Barbara's lap, she'd never met her before but was pleased to introduce herself! For the whole evening no one had observed any lameness from Beti, with Geron just saying towards the end of the evening, coming down the hall that she was throwing her left leg sideways.Yeah I've seen that. We came home and she grabbed a hoof and settled on the sofa till bedtime.
This morning I was feeling very positive and as I said I took Beti for 15mins between the showers with Orin. She had a wonderful time, running through the puddles and mooching about. When we got home I lifted her out of the van, as I always do, and was shocked to see how lame she was. My heart just sank, honestly I could have cried. After drying her I popped her in a crate for a couple of hours,  she crashed and slept ... now she seems Ok again, but something is wrong and I'm scared! 
After 2 dry walks I could see the rain coming closer, the sun was still shining and bouncing back on the black sky, a rainbow appeared and the heavens opened, but we were already out so somehow it didn't matter until it turned to hail! A couple of people walking terriers had annoyed me by zip zagging from path to path and I had great satisfaction from watch the weather sending them running down hill. I got back to the van and popped Siska in and in a flash a jogger with a lurcher was practically on top of us. I called to Orin, 10 out of 10 again for golden balls for not reacting or chasing! The rain had stopped, the sun came through the clouds and Beti came out to play!
Sammi was quite on form and ran an over the moon Ross ragged. These boys have no hope of catching up with her, not that Loki tries! Bless him, Loki is doing so well, the injection really has helped him. 
What's to say? I dislike walking dogs on the lead, but there is nothing that I can do. Beautiful view, stunning dog, now watch him get more comments on Facebook than all the other put together! LOL