Tuesday 21 November 2023

Did You Know Me Then?

Pepsi, Nikki, Robbie and Blade.
Mum has just given me this. A real blast from the past and a photo I've no memory of seeing before. Must be 94/95 - You can tell that Pepsi is already blind, Nikki is a young adult (Born July 93) and it's got to be before November 95 when Don and I split up, as he took Robbie with him and I never saw him again 🙁. I have so few photos of Robbie that it made me quite emotional. He was Don's work/security dog that came from the pound in Shropshire. Poor Robbie had been abandoned in a getaway car after a robbery, the staff had called him "Robber," Robbie seemed to fit! 
When we got together Don also had Captain a GSD, and Sultan the Rottie. I had Blade and Pepsi, we bought Nikki on "breeding terms,"  then Robbie arrived and Don's parents in their wisdom gave us Pepe the Min Pin. Pepe was the first dog I ever had to rehome, it was either that or wait for Blade or Robbie to kill him. The little shit would wait till they were asleep then jump off the sofa and bite one of them, he'd then jump into my arms for the protection that of course I had to give him!  When we split up, Don took Robbie, Captain was rehomed and I moved Sultan into the house. (Don's choice was for his dogs to live outside) Sultan was a lovely, lovely dog, a perfect gentleman but sadly he only had 15 months of living indoors as he died of lung cancer early in 1997 - just before I met Steve! 
Just weeks before Don and I split up we had mated Nikki to Arko Vom Huhnegrab - by the time the first Blanik litter was due I was very much on my own. 5 dogs and 3 bitches arrived between the 9th and 10th of January 1996 - the rest I'm sure you know! 
Sultan
Captain