Saturday 11 November 2023

Another Beautiful Day


I took Beti on her own today, but really it makes little difference as she still runs around like an idiot. My only reason is that keeping her away from Ross and his madness is the safer option. It's hard to know what to do, left in a crate she scratches at the front of it, put in a pen she bounces around, so there is no point in not taking her as I think she is likely to aggravate things further if she's left out of the fun. At least now, after 15 mins of freedom she's happy to sleep in a crate. The limp is more pronounced at times and once you've seen it, you can't unsee it. To be honest I'm very concerned about her future, and I've found it very hard to control my emotions today, if I'm not crying I'm close to it. We've had so much shit these last 2 years, everything just seems to go wrong with so much heartache and worry, I/we could really do with a fecking break! 


Siska is well into her season now, but Orin tells me she hasn't ovulated yet. Considering everything, I wish really that I hadn't agreed to not mate her this time, at least it would give me something to focus on, to distract me from the fear of what I think is going on!