Thursday 2 November 2023

Beti Is 4 months Tomorrow

This photo was taken a couple of days ago. I think she's looking great, totally unexaggerated and balanced - as I like them. Her pasterns, front and back, need to strengthen, as I'm sure they will. On the move at the moment she looks like a hare, but as I've seen most of them go through that stage, I'm not really concerned. Normal structural development and muscle should improve that as she matures. Her overline is pleasing in stance and on the move, and so far she carries her tail as she should. Her ear set is correct, and they are strong and firm, her head is feminine with dark eyes. Obviously, it's too early to see if her dentition is correct, we can only hope! She has strong straight bones and so far better feet than Auntie Siska. Her coat and colour are also promising, if she does hang onto her waves, well It's not much to worry about, especially as they are on the opposite side to where a judge will look. Anyway, if that is my only negative in the adult, well I'll be laughing! I would like to see a little more co-ordination in her movement, and a little more forward reach - will it come? Time will tell ... but at the moment, yeah I'm happy that she is constructionally pleasing and very father typical! (as you can see below)
Orin a week short of 4 months - he seems to have a little less coat than Beti, but his coat really developed before 5 months, and the bottom photo was taken 10 days after he was 4 months.