Monday 20 November 2023

Day 19 And That Leg

 All is quiet but by no way safe. Orin acknowledged me this morning, the first time in days, but still went straight to look for Siska. Yesterday, he cleared the baby gate from a standstill, but I had her safely hidden! Everyone apart from Siska have eaten this morning, it's normal for her to leave it occasionally. So it's too late to run off and find a stud dog this time. Of course I regret it, but I do try and keep to my word and Beti does deserve the time. I now have over half a year to think, hope and dream of the next Blanik generation. My choice of stud dog keeps changing, and never one to follow suite I'm now thinking of a slightly different plan! Siska amused me yesterday when she found sleeping on top of her crate far more comfortable than in it ... Actually that's one of Luther's favourite beds, he won't be amused if it's taken over by a GSD! 
People are asking me daily about Beti's leg, I don't know what the answer is! Is she obviously lame? No. Do I think she's right? No! There is an intermittent drop on the forehand and an odd action to her left front. We've both bent, twisted and manipulated her legs and joints and there is no reaction, but we have both seen it. 
I talked to Katrina about her and she said due to the fact she's still charging around like an idiot (as opposed to showing serious pain) then the vets would probably only give her anti- inflammatories, and have her in at 6 months for X-rays should I continue to be concerned. With that information in mind, I decided to give her 5 days of metacam, which finished last night. We'll see now if she is worse after finishing it. One thing for sure, her zest for life hasn't been dampened at all by anything that's going on, she really is very very full on.