Wednesday 15 November 2023

A Bit Of A Disaster

Last night was ring craft night at Pentrefelin. Beti was very full on, playing with everyone and happy to be greeted by everyone, human or dog. She was full on and her usual self. As it came our turn for the individual, I realised I didn't have the sprats in my pocket. I went to try and find them in my bag on the seat .. nothing. Anyway Ian gave me some fish treats and I went to take my turn. The instructor asked if it was Ok to go in her mouth and I said yes, lets go for it. She was fine, but as he took his hand over her head she snapped at him, he jump backwards and I was in complete shock. He said Ok, let's try it again, and she snapped again. This time I was prepared and I reprimanded her, re-stood her and he went over her, avoiding her head ... that was not a problem! I was totally taken aback, though she is cocky, she has never showed any indication of being stroppy, this was totally unexpected and not what I would expect of the Beti I know. In the second half she did exactly the same again, to finish on a good note Ian came and went over her, of course she was fine with that! 
I came away feeling confused and disheartened, I would never have believed it of her, well until I saw it. I know she has had an issue with hands going over her head, and I understand why, but I more or less thought she was over it, we had no issues with Geron going over her last Wednesday ... now I need to keep calm and make sure I don't give her any vibes at our next session!