Tuesday 25 July 2023

Wide Awake Club

 I don't think I got more than 2 hrs sleep last night. I had plans for this afternoon, but now I'm shattered. I had hoped to give Siska a bath but I'll have to hope for decent weather on Thursday now. She does look a mess and if I can't get her to look better I really shouldn't show her on Saturday. 
Today is the anniversary of my father's funeral, and last night all I could see when I closed my eyes was his coffin right next to me. I remembered it in so much detail. I had felt uncomfortable sitting so close to it at the chapel a year ago, I swear with an outstretch arm I could have touched it. I didn't like that, and it haunted me for a while, but if I'm to be honest I hadn't thought of it for a while ... so this is another huge first sad anniversary, and I'm more than halfway through the day, it's true isn't it, life goes on.