Thursday 20 July 2023

Moving On Is So Hard

After doing quite well for a fair few days my emotions have got the better of me again. I'm really trying to look ahead and focus on the positives but with so much uncertainty there, it's a bit of a roller coaster ride.
There is a Zoe pup for me, should I want one, but that puppy needs to have show potential. She will be blessed to have good breeding and have a high chance of being genetically healthy, but I need more, I need a show dog and with third pick the best may well be gone by the time I get my pick. 
I messaged Anne again last night, but the reply confused me! I still don't know whether Zeeta is pregnant and I doubt Anne does either. My opinion, and I'd love to be wrong, if the bitch is not showing at 7 weeks then she's not pregnant or carrying a very small litter. (And Sammi was showing carrying three) A bitch's enthusiasm to be mated bares no connection to whether she is ready for mating or not ... some bitches will stand for most of the season but are only fertile for a few days of that time, without testing, with some bitches, we simply don't know! 
I was also upset last night by someone's negativity, maybe I'm asking too much? I just wanted to share my hopes but I got the message, you don't want to know! I won't bother again, I appreciate everyone has their own dramas, but whatever is going on in our lives, well sharing is caring isn't it? I guess I'm just oversensitive right now, I'm still too fragile and the lack of interest knocked the stuffing out of me. Anyway, let get a plan, try and get back on our feet and move on!