Thursday 6 July 2023

Doggy Doctor Day

On checking Zeus' bottom I noticed a small lump, I wasn't overly concerned as it was at the top of his bottom and not near the anal glands. The second time I checked was Tuesday, he started to growl, so we muzzled him to have a "safer" look. It was still there, he reacted as if it was painful and it was now a little purple! I put some Sudocrem on it and decided to make an appointment to see the vet. With any other dog I would have checked this morning before going, but as we know he doesn't cope with stress and I figured I would be stressing him twice  ... and there's all that hair! 
The vet examination was pretty predictable really, a lot of growling but with Zeus muzzled everyone, including himself, was safe. The vet took the opportunity to give his bottom a thorough examination and was pleased to announce that there was nothing untoward there, actually, there was nothing there! Well I did feel a bit of a twit, I really should have checked this morning. I can only think that the sudocrem had cleared it up. I've never taken a dog to the vets before to be told there's nothing wrong with him! A quick weigh in whilst we were there just under 36kg - so over a kg heavier than the last time we were there "Steve stop feeding that dog!"
The journey to the vets was extremely difficult, I cried for most of it as I remembered the last time I'd made this journey was with Kaiah. Before leaving, I picked up her stuff, so I cried on the way home too! I really hope one day that I can speak of her, think of her and write about her without crying, I really hope sometime soon I'll remember the good times.