Friday 21 July 2023

Now Don't Get Excited - Read The Post First

 
I didn't sleep again last night. Don't get me wrong, mostly I'm better, but it's still a rough ride really. I was in bed at 10.30pm, up again at 12.15am, back in bed by 1.45am, but awake for a long time. Put it this way I saw 3.53am but must have dozed on and off .. then it was something after 5am, and the next thing I heard was Orin getting loud as Loki got unsettled. 
A conversation with Anne really put the cat among the pigeons. After giving me the impression the night before that she didn't know if Zeeta was pregnant or not, now she's adamant that she is pregnant. She sent me a photo - it didn't help! I don't know what the right thing is to do? Both of these females have super pedigrees, great health tests and lovely characters, they both have a lovely colour and both have dark eyes. Zeeta is back on her pasterns and Zoe would benefit from a little more length of foreleg ... in both cases Orin is correct and that could be improved on. Being a L/C herself, Zeeta is more likely to have more L/C's, but I only have a choice of two from Zoe, and one is a L/C. My heart had always been set on a Zeeta pup, but having so many doubts of is she, isn't she over the last 2-3 weeks has made me consider other options and look elsewhere. If only Anne had scanned, then I'd have had more idea sooner, now it's all just a confusing mess in a brain that has no clarity.
I guess the sensible thing to do now is wait to see if this litter arrives, and if/when it does, see how many are female. I have first choice from Zeeta and third from Zoe, but who is to know which combination will produce the stars?  
There is no point sharing the photo of a headless Zeeta that was sent to me last night, but if you want to see it, the please PM me. The poster is one I made 3 weeks ago when Anne first told me Zeeta was pregnant .... but of course 48hrs later she'd changed her mind! LOL It took a lot of work, so pregnant or not I'm sharing it. I'm not taking the piss, honest, it can be hard to tell early on, but now it should be clear!