Friday 14 July 2023

Slate Grey

After nagging for the last 2 years Steve finally gave in and let me get someone to paint the cottage. He had been convinced that he would get well enough then "we" could do it, it must be hard to realise "you" can't, but needs must! Anyway, for easier maintenance It's slate grey, though it has always been a white cottage we had to try something different. 
The dogs were loose in the yard in the morning whilst the front was being painted, but we were confined to barracks for most of the afternoon. Orin initially was seething at their presence, but I guess Ross was wondering how far they could throw a kong and Loki was wondering if they had lunch! Seriously, the dogs did really well, one of the lads did ask what they would do if he walked in, I said "I suggest you don't try!" 
Archie arrived back as soon as they left, I can only think he was watching from very close by, Perry was AWOL till the evening, he is ridiculously shy ... Jamie asked if they wanted a hand, but after checking everything out, decided they could get on with it as he needed to sleep. 
Zeus had to spend a lot of yesterday in a crate, it would have been unwise to leave him in the kitchen. It is the room with the largest window, and a window seat, I imagine he would have been throwing himself at the window as the workers went by. He was so good all day, and obviously spent their break time outside in the garden. This morning he sat staring at toast, as he does! "Steve, stop feeding that bloody dog!"  Though to be fair he's only put a KG on and was 36kg at the vets, I still think he should be 35kg, but at least it's nothing to worry about. As soon as Steve had finished, it was my turn for an audience, err no I don't share ...  and OMG Zeus, straighten those feet! LOL