Thursday 27 July 2023

Blaster Monster And Loki's Tail

Well bathed but only half blasted. Wow, someone lost the plot. Proving every dog has it in them, Siska went from 1 - 10 and showed me aggression I never thought she was capable of. Don't get me wrong, no aggression was directed at us but if she could have got hold of that blowing pipe, well he'd have been a dead man/thing! Steve called her a coward, to me that was not a coward, she was ready to take it on at any level. I have only ever seen Siska stroppy once, and that was on day 3 of trying to get a mating with a dog that wasn't getting there ... today I saw the devil within, but I stress, she showed no aggression towards us, she was simply seething with the Blaster monster. 
With Siska locked in the living room, but watching through the window, I got Orin done. Not a bath, just a blast, he looks super and of course I had to do Sammi, numerous times, she loves it! 
By the time everything was done it was 4.45pm, 15 mins past dinner time. These days no one clock-watches dinner time, Asha would have been climbing the walls by 4.32pm and phoning the RSPCA by 4.33pm lol. I think Orin is the main clock watcher here now, he's awake by 7.45 am unless Loki has been unsettled earlier. The other evening we watched The Sixth Commandment from 9 till 10pm and I decided to watch the next episode straight away. Now we always let the dogs out at 10pm ish, get things done and aim to bed for 10.45pm ish. So this change of routine completely threw Orin and he was pacing and annoying from a few mins after 10pm, till he finally got out at 11pm. Dogs really do need routine, but sometimes I wonder if we make a rod for our own back as we stick to our daily routines and they anticipate our next move before we've made them. I've said before that these seem to know what I'm going to do before I've decided it myself!
Loki's tail carriage is still odd, I'm noticing it more and more. As we walked the other day I pointed it out to Linda, it seems lifeless after about a third of the way down, it now seems to even get caught between his legs as he walks. The top part is normal and he can wag his tail with no more effort than any other guy. Today whilst we were out I noticed something different again, the top part was sticking out, away from his bottom, (in a horizontal line from his spine), the next bit drooped and just looked completely lifeless. I did have a look at his bottom, all was Ok, other than his dignity! There is definitely some loss of feeling and mobility in over half of his tail, but does he care? No he doesn't, he seems completely fine and there has been no deterioration in his mobility. It doesn't concern me too much, but considering how poorly he's been in the past, I think it is important to make a note of it.