Wednesday 26 July 2023

I Did It

 Orin has had his sperm checked, well for £20 I thought, what the hell? The video is a little blurred at times but you can see them swimming about like mad, bless them they will never get anywhere, lol.
" The count is 126 million per ml, he produced 10ml of semen. Motility (forward swimming healthy semen) is 75% (Normal) As a guide that would give that sample a count of 945 million progressive semen."
Well now we know, Steve's face was a picture! 
From memory when I took Siska to be mated the count of that male was much lower. I checked ...  Yes this was the information given at the time....
"82 million semen per 1ml. And produced 10 ml. The mortality was about 20-30%."
So that count is a lot lower than Orin's, and when you bring the mortality into it, that's a worry. I asked generally if a dogs count could be lower having had a slip mating earlier in the day? I was told that the count is back to it's normal level about and hour after mating ... that is concerning!