Friday 25 February 2022

Nico's Day


A lovely walk in the woods for the guys after Nico's vet visit today. We didn't go as far as I went with the youngsters the other day but they had a lovely time.
After explaining to Beth the vet what we had seen with Nico she went on to examine him. I told her he was obviously very sore, and she suggested I muzzle him for the examination. I declined, though I understand dogs can react uncharacteristically when they are in pain, I would trust Nico with my life. Beth was happy with my decision, but joked, "Well you've got the teeth end anyway!" I sat on the chair and Nico tucked his head under my arm, bless him, he was winging but stood still the whole time and was pleased to have several biscuits after his ordeal.
Beth thinks/hopes that he has a simple but painful abscess on his bottom. She said it could be one of three things, but feels it was too painful to be a tumour and was presented differently to AF (anal furunculosis.) So with a bit of luck, some antibiotics and some anti-inflammatories the boy should be OK. She wants to see him again in 10 days and thinks the gland may need expressing again then. 
I can't stress how super Nico's behaviour was today and how proud I am of him. He never lets me down, he's guaranteed to be predictably safe in all situations.