Wednesday 16 February 2022

Loki Memory

One of today's Facebook memories made me giggle, Tracy brown with Ross in the ring, her face an absolute picture. Then another lovely memory of Kaiah and her babies having bedtime games in the living room, but the one to share just had to be this of Loki. 
When Loki was a puppy there was so much support for him, but his continued support dwindled from some corners as he won almost every show we entered, to be honest only Bolt and his sister Bella gave him a run for his money. The knife dug in deep, but Loki and I continued to win with pride and loose with dignity when needed. I can understand people being fed up with his constant wins, but what was I to do, leave the boy at home? I think not! From one corner criticism was made of everything, including his eye colour and the way I handled him. "That's not the way you show a GSD!" Well it was how I showed Blade and Loki and most of the judges loved to see a freestanding dog that was not being attracted from outside the ring. Of course horses for courses and Sarah or Ian took him in under judges that we knew would like something different!

Even though Loki continues to improve and strengthen, it's now down to Bella and Sammi to annoy the bad looser in veteran classes ... and I think Orin is already making his mark in the breed classes - haha