Wednesday 16 February 2022

Arya And Orin

I've had a message this morning to say that the lovely Arya is coming in season. Her owner does what I do and had put white vet bedding in her crate to try and catch the first coloured discharge. As Arya lives with two males, it had also been observed that they had increased interest in her over the last couple of weeks. Arya is a lovely female with a super character. She has a top class Italian/German pedigree and has had all the necessary health tests, as well as a breed survey. I'm really excited at the prospects of a litter from her and Orin. 
Of course I'm apprehensive about getting a mating, you never know how good a dog will be at stud do you! Believe me not every dog will mate a bitch, we found that out with Mikey. Dexi failed to mate the first bitch that came to him, but my lack of knowledge didn't help then either. The second bitch who came had a lovely litter, and from then on we had no failures. Kai too was awful, overexcited and couldn't find his mark, so to speak. We were lucky to have the litter out of Tali to him, but the other bitches were failures. Jay and Nico were excellent stud dogs, Jay was nearly always a hole in one, job done turn around before the bitch had been given time to think about it. Nico has also been a fantastic stud, he's not always had easy bitches and I told everyone ... I will not allow him to be bitten. Dexi had his ear ripped by a bitch playing hard to get, that was not going to happen to Nico. Sadly it's time for Nico to move over and let the young guy in now, I really hope that when it's time that Orin gets the job done and that babies of quality arrive in the nest.