Saturday 4 December 2021

Photos, Cameras, And Dogs (Of Course!)

 This morning I was just finishing cleaning the bathroom when I wondered what Zeus was doing in the hall. I caught him peeing on the door of the room where Loki was. So I considered my options and thought about what I'd been reading yesterday. I thought Ok  I'll run into the kitchen and get him a treat, I can offer it to him and say please don't do that again; Or, I'll hit him over the arse with the hoover attachment which was in my hand and tell him in a loud aggressive voice that his behaviour was unacceptable. Of course, instinctively, you know what I did. Seriously, if it's not instinctive and you have to think about it, then it's too late. No, of course I didn't beat him with the hoover attachment, it was merely a poke on his arse to startle him and let him know he'd been caught. With large strong dogs, who could probably get the better of me strength wise my voice is my best tool.  
I'm back using the phone for photos today, the camera is a disappointment. Steve says I'm too fussy, well yes I am where photos are concerned. How can a phone take such clear, super photos yet a camera can not? I can't complain, it was a risk I took buying an old second hand camera. I guess it would be pleasing to many, but the photos are not clear, they are soft and many are out of focus. There must be a camera that takes the same quality of photo as a phone and has a decent zoom that is not out of my price range? Well yeah, there was the Samsung galaxy 2 camera - but it died! Such a shame they didn't update the model .. it was the best camera I've had to date for what I need.
Only me and the Cofi on the mountain this morning. Quite a cold wind, but it sounded worse than it was. Everyone had a great time with Loki again doing a full walk, not a marathon but a decent walk. Ian got to see Loki as I was  heading back for the van but Loki was far to busy to acknowledge his presence! The boy has always been aloof, though did love all the attention when he had visitors at home.  Anyway, Ian walked with me with the last lot, it's nice to have company and a chat sometimes in the fresh air. I guess I'll be giving him their Xmas presents on a walk again this year ... I can't imagine I'll feel safe going visiting anyone other than my parents again this year. On the walk Ian was very complimentary about Orin, it's sometimes nice to see the wet mucky dog on a walk, not just look at the pristine show dog. He said he'd be the kind of dog that would catch his eye even if he didn't know him.... mine too. To be fair he is a cracker!