Saturday 11 December 2021

Lexi Had Pups

 I'm sure like me most of you follow GSD Welfare on Facebook and know that Apollo and Lexi were taken to the vets to be killed a few weeks back. I can't say they were take in to be put to sleep, that is only a term I use when it's an act of kindness and love. Lexi and Apollo were no longer wanted and were to be killed. Luckily the vet said no and contacted GSD Welfare. This morning Lexi has presented the welfare staff  with a gift. So not just two lives saved but 11. There are currently 80+ GSD's with Welfare and they are worried sick about bringing another 9 babies into the world. Nothing they can do .. they are here now and I wonder if the "owner" had known the mating had happened and that was his reason for getting rid of his dogs. Lexi is 18 months old, and Apollo is 2 years old. Debbie is worried sick, more puppies with no health tests arriving in the world .. but of course in her/their care these now have the chance of the very best of futures. 
The Blaniks are so lucky, they never miss a meal, have walks, have treats, have warm beds, and endless love and affection. Their biggest crisis is who gets the best chair, or gets to sit on the sofa, and that is as it should be! I decided this morning to send a bag of vet beds to welfare for the Xmas pressie - £62.50 is doable, even if something else has to go at home ... and trust me my dogs won't miss out! So many charities now need help, but this is my charity, my breed and I hope my contribution gives a little bit of help and support to the needy.
Talking of needy, the Orin bedding situation is not getting any better! He'll soon be needing charity bedding too... lol