Wednesday 29 December 2021

I Swear This Is True

Someone posted on Facebook about how their dog reacted badly walking through a cemetery at night. Why you would choose to do that in the first place in beyond me, don't they watch Midsomer Murders? Anyway, most of you remember Krizzie, or as my mum called her Crazy. In your Blanik pedigree she was "Blanik Deeanna," Tali and Louis' mum. Like Louis she was exuberant, bubbly, happy and confident, always! Well not quite always, I've written this before on here, I'm sure I have but, in keeping with the situation ... well here it is again! 
"In 2000 I had a puppy bitch called Krizzie, she was a happy, bubbly people person. I'd been showing her successfully and she loved it. At one show she'd won her breed class in the morning under one judge and I had her going in AV puppy bitch in the afternoon under a different judge. I stood at the side of the ring chatting when she started to growl, she started into the ring cowering and growling. I was at a loss and couldn't see what her problem was. Stupidly, I took her in and as we moved round she didn't take her eyes off the judge, she was jumpy and edgy and as we moved away from him she bolted as if something was chasing her. She stood shaking and leaning against me as the judge went over her .... and again in the line she was a nervous wreck. I couldn't believe it when he put her first, he really shouldn't have done on character alone .. I was so upset, almost in tears as I came out of the ring, what had happened to my confident happy puppy? Later the secretary's wife said well done today, so I told her what had gone on in the class .. "Oh" she said "that spooky, she can probably see what we can't, his wife died last week, they haven't even had the funeral yet." OMG the hairs on my arms stood up. Krizzie had never behaved like that before and never behaved like that again!"
But there was one other incident that comes to mind with Krizzie. My x husband and I had split up in 1995 before Krizzie's mum Seffe had even been born. Unlike Blade who hated him from living with him, she didn't know him at all. He and I attended the same dog training club and by the time Krizzie was around we were both remarried and reasonably sociable. Sometime. whilst she was still young he had his leg amputated and as he recovered and learned to walk again he came to club. Krizzie went forward to greet him, as she did, but took one sniff of the amputated leg and pulled backwards .. she chose never to go near him again. 
I reckon there was a lot more to Krizzie than crazy!!!