Sunday 5 December 2021

Not Best Behavior Day

Yesterday Siska made her way through two collars. She chewed one to bits and damaged the other so that it's too frayed to be safe. Yes her own collars, and yes both around her neck at the time! Somehow she presses her chin to her neck, gets it in her mouth, chews through it and then once it's off she shreds it. Oh you know, she not so bloody smart, in his day a young Loki use to do it too! By law dogs have to wear a collar and tag in a public place, at home it's personal choice. I discovered years ago that when dogs fight/squabble having a collar on them is a must for splitting them up. Also, when Louis went walk about as a puppy and ended up in the village had he had a collar and tag on then I could have had him back much sooner. The type of "house collars" I use are very light, thin half checks which are worn quite loose as to not damage or mark the coats. Because I'd seen her get her collar in her mouth that many times Siska's was tighter than the others, to be honest it's quite beyond me how she could still do it, but as she was alone in her crate at the time no one else can be blamed. Of course my first fear was .. "has she swallowed it?" You may think, no a dog wouldn't, trust me, she would! Anyway, I've given Kaiah the last brand-new collar from my stash, Siska has had her hand me down collar now, if she chews this I've no idea what to do!
Zeus also had it on him yesterday, he took the plastic cover that I use in the microwave down off the work top and shredded it. I was not impressed but blamed myself for leaving it close to the edge. The tin hat on it was when he somehow managed to get to the unwrapped Xmas presents. (Mr S denies forgetting to block them off) No, nothing was damaged .. but the packaging on Sharon's present was shredded. He seems to have a paper, cardboard obsession, like I said the gift was Ok, but now with no packaging it doesn't look new. Hell you know I'm all for recycling unsuitable pressies, but they have to be new, unopened and untouched, but what do I do with a new pressies that now look second hand and possibly used? Answers on a postcard please ....