Thursday 16 December 2021

Lexi In Welfare

Sadly one of Lexi's pups died, as it's often the case, but that doesn't make it any less heartbreaking for the people who care. I cried for Kaiah's two who were born sleeping, I try to think they were too precious for this world, we buried them with their family on the "boncan."  Their gravestone is simply marked "The twins." Loosing Winnie was so painful, as was loosing young Shaky to megaesophagus in 1999 - you see we don't forget. Neither will I forget the words of a GSD breeder when we lost Winnie .. "It's sad you've lost a puppy, but it's stock, get over it!" Mind you that heartless bastard really has shown his true colours, he'll get his. 
As you can see, 3 of Lexi's puppies are blue. Doubling up on lines that carry blue, (which is a dilute of black) produces blue,  ... I know, I did it, and at the time I was horrified. Of course I was very new to it then, I was given advice and I took it.These days there is a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips .. and there's also a Katrina! lol Blue is classed as a fault, a big no no in GSD's, but as I've said before, where rescue is concerned colour doesn't come into it. What winds me up is people who are mating to produce non-standard colours and selling them as rare with a huge price tag. To quote my hero "If you're gona do it, do it right!"  (Or at least try to!)